Paddle Baja :Surfski and SUP training and rentals in La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Saturday, February 20, 2010

How to remount a surfski

Here is another method of remounting your surfski. With tight footstraps I was unable to easily hold the paddle and the footstraps in one hand as shown in this post. Also, I didn't like the damage I was doing to the paddle shaft and cockpit rails by holding the shaft at 90 degrees to the boat (I fall out a lot).
I hold the paddle parallel to the boat with my back (far) hand. The video will explain the rest.


If video does not play go to Youtube

See Global Surfski for more videos.

1 comment:

  1. I use this method most of the time when remounting and find it does way less damage as you've indicated. If you practice alot of remounts or just plain 'ol fall out alot like i do then this method extend the life of the boat for sure. I also find grabbing on the boat to be more of a secure grip as compared to holding on the the paddle.
    GC

    ReplyDelete